FAQ Shop Pay Installments
Buy now, Pay later.
How it works
- Add items to your cart (or shopping bag).
- Check out with Shop Pay.
- Choose to pay in 4 installments on orders over $50 and under $3000.
Your first payment is either due at checkout or 2 weeks after your purchase. The next 3 remaining installments are automatically charged to your card saved on Shop Pay every 2 weeks. Don't worry, you'll get an email reminder before each payment to remind you.
What is the option to pay in installments on Shop Pay?
When checking out with Shop Pay, you now have the option to pay now or later. Paying in installments on Shop Pay allows you to split your purchase amount into 4 equal, biweekly installment payments—with 0% interest, no hidden or late fees, and no impact on your credit score.* In some instances, your first payment is due when you make your purchase; otherwise, your first payment is due 2 weeks after your purchase.
Are there late fees?
No, there are no late fees if you miss a scheduled payment.
What if I make a return on a purchase made through Installments with Shop Pay?
If your refund amount is less than the amount remaining on your Shop Pay Installments balance, then you can expect one or both of the following:
- A smaller payment balance on the final payment.
- Less future payments on the remaining loan balance.
If your refund amount is more than the amount remaining on your Shop Pay Installments balance, then you can expect to receive the difference as a refund to your original debit card or credit card payment method within 3 to 10 business days.
Which payment methods are accepted if I use the option to pay Installments on Shop Pay?
The installments option on Shop Pay is available on debit and credit cards.
Have more questions?
- For questions about installment payments on Shop Pay, visit shop.affirm.com/help.
* The estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping. Payment options are offered by Affirm and are subject to eligibility check and might not be available in all states. California residents: Affirm Loan Services, LLC is licensed by the Department of Business Oversight. Loans are made or arranged pursuant to California Financing Law license.